Ingredients: (4 Servings)
4 Tbl. Butter (Unsalted)
1 ½ lb. Trimmed Leeks (thoroughly cleaned and thinly sliced)
2 tea. Salt
1 ½ lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and cut into 2” cubes)
2 qt. Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
1 C Heavy Cream (plus extra to garnish)
½ C Sour Cream
¼ C Fresh Chives (chopped) to garnish
Mise En Place:
Measure out all ingredients before cooking process begins.
1. In medium soup pot, melt butter and add Leeks and salt over medium heat. Sweat for
2. Once Leeks are almost the consistency of paste, add potatoes and chicken broth to pot
and bring to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Once potatoes are fully cooked blend the soup until smooth (either immersion blender
or regular blender in batches – careful it’s hot!).
4. Re-add blended soup to soup pot and bring to medium heat.
5. Add heavy cream and sour cream and whisk until fully incorporated.
6. Salt to taste.
7. For Potato & Leek Soup: Add soup to hot soup bowl and garnish with heavy cream and
8. For Vichyssoise: Chill until completely cold. Served in chilled bowl and garnish with
heavy cream and chopped chives.
Enjoy with Nostra Vita’s 2019 Viognier!