As the holidays approach, most of us agonize over what to get our boss, neighbor, co-worker, and we struggle to find that perfect gift. And while we’re all taught that it’s the thought that counts, turns out, psychology suggests that it is indeed the gift that counts, or rather, the experience. Experiences increase the feelings of relatedness, which makes people happier than simply giving them an object. So, what better way to create a shared experience than with an exceptional bottle of wine, or three.
You see, wine isn’t just a beverage; it is a sensory experience meant to be shared. Most of us remember a specific wine because of the memory that it evokes within us: celebratory family dinner, friends gathered during the holidays, or a quiet moment in front of a roaring fire. This holiday season, here’s an easy guide to help you take the guess work out of gift giving, and, give a relationship experience. Now you can relax, and simply remove the cork, pour, swirl, sip, savor and enjoy!
The Red Wine Lover
• 2015 Petite Sirah. Deep purple with flavors of dark berries, spice and black pepper. Fresh, luscious and vibrant, this wine is big, bold, and tannic. $27
• 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon. Bright garnet color with aromas of black cherry, vanilla and blackberry. Full bodied, but with moderate tannins, it has a fruit-forward quality and leaves a lingering plush finish on the palate. $30
1. Engage your senses by serving in a Riedel wine glass, designed to complement this wine varietal. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
2. Wine bottle stoppers provide an air-tight seal to prolong and preserve opened bottles of wine. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
3. Decanting the wine from the bottle to the decanter oxygenates the wine and releases its rich aroma and flavor. This hand-blown lead-free crystal decanter is a wonderful addition for any red wine. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
The White Wine Lover
• 2017 Chardonnay. Fermented in French oak, it imparts a light, but flavorful spice, filling out he palate. Medium acid, full bodied, this wine isn’t your traditionally over oaked Chardonnay. $25
1. Keep your white wine chilled, while enjoying it in a marble wine cooler. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
2. The Vacu Vin Wine Saver removes the air from your wine bottle to keep wine tasting fresh for up to one week. Insert the universal wine stopper into the bottle and pump until you hear the patented “Click.” The “Click” signals an airtight seal. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
3. A combination wine bottle chiller, filter and pourer, this Wine Chiller Stick allows you to enjoy a glass of perfectly chilled wine at the optimal temperature. The chiller rod ensures that you won’t have to deal with wet wine bottles or the drips that come from using an ice bucket. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
The Sweet Wine Lover
• 2018 Orange Muscat. Beautiful, fruit forward, note the scent of lemon zest, peach and tangerine. The taste is soft, subtle and easy to enjoy. $17
1. Sip your Orange Muscat in a spill-resistant stemless tumbler, maintaining your wines’ perfect temperature from first sip to last. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
2. Open any wine bottle in just 3 seconds with the Brookstone Compact Wine Opener. The extra long handle provides greater leverage and works on all corks. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
3. It’s all in the bowl. The bowl helps to release the aromas of the wine and emphasize the fruit. Perfect for everyday use, and dishwasher safe, this collection from Riedel is for the no nonsense wine drinker who appreciates good wines at reasonable prices. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
The Dessert Wine Lover
• Bacio Dolce. Delicious Carignane dessert wine with notes of salted caramel, rich vanilla and luscious ripe strawberries. $45
1. Sip ‘n savor in an elegant, Port wine glass sipper. This is the perfect gift for the Port Aficionado. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
2. Display your favorite dessert wine in this beautiful glass decanter. Made of lead-free glass, this elegant decanter is thick, well balanced and topped with a solid glass stopper for an airtight fit. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
The Sparkling Wine Lover
• Serendipity Méthode Champenoise Demi-Sec. This is a magical addition to our Serendipity Sparkling Wine lineup. Sweeter, this finely balanced sparkling has effervescent bubbles with a smooth, creamy finish. Enjoy the crisp citrus notes with a lovely peach undertone. $28 *To be released 11/15/19
1. Now you can open that special bottle of sparkling wine for any occasion, or no occasion, seal and savor the next day, or even a few days later. The MiTBA champagne bottle stopper with built-in pressure pump keeps the bubbles and the fizz. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
2. These fine crystal champagne glasses have an etched bottom, which aids in generating bubbles. These flutes are specifically designed for sparkling wines. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
3. This 4-quart ice bucket has room to accommodate any 750ml champagne bottle to keep your bubbly chilled. Made from heavy gauge stainless steel, and finished with a two-tone satin exterior, it’s the perfect choice for serving your sparkling wine. Sold by Amazon: Click Here
The “Can’t Go Wrong Gift”
• A Nostra Vita Gift Card. You pick the amount and your lucky recipient picks the wine(s). This is the perfect gift for that special someone who knows what they like, and you get all the credit for giving them that gift! Win-win.
The “Gift that Keeps on Giving”
• Nostra Vita Wine Club Membership. Everyone is unique, and you can customize your experience with one of our three club levels. And at each level, you choose whether you’d like: all red, all white, all sparkling, or mixed. There’s no fee to join, so visit our website to learn about the levels and perks: www.NostraVitaWinery.com, or you can stop by and visit with us, taste the wines, and we’ll tell you all about our wines and the wine club.